Tracy Southard, C-IAYT, RYT 500
Tracy’s journey into the practice and study of yoga began in 2001. She was instantly drawn to its healing and transformative benefits to the mind, body and spirit. Tracy kept showing up on her mat and somewhere along the way, the practice transformed her — both on and off the mat. A dedicated yoga practitioner, she is fortunate to be able to share with others her passion for yoga and her love of the practice. She has taught all levels of yoga at various studios and locations and enjoys working with students of all abilities, whether beginners or seasoned practitioners.
Training & Inspiration
With no intention of teaching yoga, Tracy began her 200-hour teacher training at Golden Heart Yoga in Annapolis, Maryland in 2009 to further deepen her own practice. Inspired by the training she received under Jenny Otto, Tracy was teaching classes by graduation. She completed her 500-hour advanced teacher training with Jenny Otto through Body Balance Yoga Therapy and was certified as a Body Balance Yoga® Teacher in 2010. She apprenticed under Jenny Otto and assisted in Body Balance Yoga Therapy Trainings (2010-2012) in Silver Spring, MD.
Through Body Balance Yoga Therapy Trainings, Tracy's yoga training is rooted in therapeutics, anatomy and body mechanics. Tracy continues to study and draw inspiration from her mentor, Jenny Otto. Teaching with Bethany Beach Yoga since 2009 and a longtime student since 2001, Tracy also draws inspiration from their amazing yoga instructors and students. And with gratitude to one of her first and most influential yoga teachers, Lori Roe, who helped set the foundation and contines to light this path.
Certifications & Credentials
- Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) by International Association of Yoga Therapists, since 2016
- Certified Body Balance Yoga® Teacher (CYT) by Jenny Otto, since 2010
- 500-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (RYT 500) with Body Balance Yoga Therapy, Annapolis, MD, 2010
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (RYT 200) with Golden Heart Yoga, Annapolis, MD, 2009
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance, since October 2009
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) Member, since 2010
- Ordained Interfaith Minister, since 2010
The yoga therapy components of Tracy Southard's teaching are based on her International Association of Yoga Therapists Certification (C-IAYT) and not derived from her status as an RYT500 with the Yoga Alliance Registry.
Off The Mat
Tracy is also a graphic designer and owner of OceanWild Design with clients throughout Ocean City, Maryland and the Delaware Beaches. View her graphic design site at OceanWildDesign.com